The Madrid Top 10 - the best of Madrid, Spain
These are our top ten recommendations to enjoy the best that Madrid
has to offer - the best sights, attractions, the top 10 things to do in
the capital of Spain, the top 10 hotels, restaurants, historic sites, apartments and much more. We
hope these recommendations will help you to explore to the full this
wonderful city and make the best of your stay.
TOP 10 SIGHTS
- Royal Palace. Madrid's most beautiful building, the
largest royal palace in Western Europe.
- Puerta del Sol. Madrid's most central and best known square.
- Plaza Mayor. Marvellous enclosed square, perfect to sit
outside and people watch.
- Templo de Debod. An authentic 2nd Century BC Egyptian temple
in the middle of Madrid!
- Madrid Cathedral. Madrid's largest and most important
- Plaza de la Villa. Incredibly historic square, home to the
Torre de Lujanes, 16th Century
Cisneros and the 17th Century
- Puerta de Alcalá. A Madrid icon, this old city gate
even has a song dedicated to it!
- Gran Vía. Madrid's most famous and most central
- Plaza de Cibeles. Central square where Real Madrid
celebrates championship wins and home to the Bank of Spain.
- Plaza de Oriente. Beautiful square located in front of the Royal
TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- Watch flamenco. Madrid is a stage for some of the best
flamenco dancers in the world. Visit a flamenco restaurant for the
- See a bullfight. The best bullfighters show off their
skills in Spain's capital.
- Watch Real Madrid play. The Santiago Bernabeu Stadium plays
host to one of the best football teams in the world.
- Take an open-topped bus tour. See the most important
sights and monuments in under 2 hours, enabling you to choose which
to visit later.
- Eat at the world's oldest restaurant. Botin is recognised
as such in the Guinness Book of Records.
- Try some tapas. The quintessential and ubiquitous Spanish
- Take a ride on Madrid's cable car. The Teleférico gives visitors
wonderful panoramic views of many of the capital's best sights & attractions.
- Walk in the Park. Enjoy the wide open spaces,
rose-garden, boating lake, and the wonderful street theatre at the
- Go to the Rastro. Madrid's weekly flea market allows you to buy
almost anything under the sun!
- Try chocolate con churros. After all the activity above,
you'll need to restore your energy with some chocolate con
churros. What's this?
TOP 10 MUSEUMS
- The Prado. One of Europe's premier art museums, the Prado
is a must when visiting Madrid.
- The Reina Sofia. Picasso's 'Woman in Blue' and Guernica
paintings are just 2 of the highlights.
- The Thyssen-Bornemisza. Some say this is the world's best
private art collection, now managed by the Spanish state.
- CaixaForum. A new addition to Madrid's cultural offering,
includes an amazing vertical garden.
- Fundación Lázaro Galdiano. Overshadowed by the famous museums listed above, but this is Madrid's hidden gem - one of the city's best art museums.
- Goya Museum. The main attraction here are the frescos the famous painter was commissioned to paint in this chapel.
- Museo Sorolla. The studio-mansion of the Impressionist
painter Joaquin Sorolla exhibits examples of his works.
- Casa Museo Lope de Vega. Dedicated to Spain's greatest
playwright, this small museum reproduces a 17th Century Spanish
- Archaeological Museum. The most important exhibit here is
the Dama de Elche, a woman's bust from the 4th or 5th Century BC.
- Naval Museum. One of the world's most important naval
museums, right here in Madrid.
TOP 10 HOTELS
If you simply want to see all the best hotels in Madrid, according to real customer reviews, please click here
- CoolRooms Atocha
- Catalonia Las Cortes
- VP Plaza España Design
- ICON Casona 1900 by Petit Palace
- Gran Hotel Inglés
- Amor de Dios 17 Boutique Hotel
- Heritage Madrid Hotel
- B & B Hotel Madrid Centro Puerta del Sol
- Only YOU Boutique Hotel Madrid
- Hotel Orfila
Read all about why these are the Top 10 Hotels
TOP 10 APARTMENTS
- Mercado San Miguel & Pl Mayor Apartment
- Apartamentos Caballero de Gracia
- Apartamentos El Rastro
- Feelathome Madrid Suites Apartments
- Alma Suites
- THE LUCKY FLATS - Fuencarral 68 I
- Casa del Olivar
- Apartamento Vive en Maravillas
- Hortaleza 61
- APARTAMENTO FRIENDS-MADRID
Read all about why these are the Top 10 Apartments
TOP 10 HOSTALS
- Hostal Go Inn Madrid
- Hostal Main Street Madrid
- Hostal Inn Madrid
- Hostal Patria Madrid
- Hostal Atelier
- Hostal Alexis Madrid
- Pensión Salomí
- Hostal Abel Victoriano
- Hostal Mayor
- Hostal Gonzalo
See more information on the Top 10 Hostals in Madrid
Full information on all our Madrid Hostals
TOP 10 RESTAURANTS
- Corral de la Moreria
- Cafe de Chinitas
- Restaurante La Barraca
- La Buganvilla
- El Corral de la Pacheca
- La Capilla de La Bolsa
- La Vaca Argentina - Covarrubias
- El Invernadero
Read all about why these are the Top 10 Restaurants
That completes our top ten Madrid lists, although we shall be adding
more in the future, so remember to come back soon!
If you liked this list, please bookmark this page to store, tag and share with friends :