GoMadrid has partnered with DonQuijote to offer
this unique opportunity to find work in Spain. We also provide
professional relocation assistance.
This language programme offers you the opportunity to
experience Spanish culture first-hand as you work in the hotel business. We can
offer you a paid work placement in a hotel or similar establishment,
allowing you to learn Spanish or improve your existing level while putting your new skills into
practise working on Spain's beautiful mainland or on the
Balearic or Canary Islands.
Full-board, on-site accommodation is also provided
during your work experience. This programme means you will have
the opportunity to work in Spain,
allowing you to practise your Spanish and
earn a small allowance whilst learning
more about the Spanish labour market.
You will gain valuable work experience
and further your career options by
improving your CV and by giving you
the opportunity to seek further work in
Spain once you have fulfilled your
commitment to the employer.
Positions in a
variety of sectors include kitchen staff,
room service, reception, waiter/ waitress,
restaurant, animator, maintenance,
lifeguard, cafeteria...with additional
sectors available on request. You must
have the ability to live independently in a
foreign country; be open to and show
respect for different cultures to your own
and be committed to improving your
Spanish Language skills through your
Spanish language course.
Your exact job placement will depend
mostly on your ability to express yourself
in Spanish. For this reason, you are
required to complete a Spanish language
course of at least 4 weeks duration before
beginning your Work Experience. There is
no minimum Spanish level required to enroll in the
program, but it is worth remembering
that the higher your level of Spanish, the
better you will perform at work.
You should be aware that whilst positions
will be available for students with lower
levels of Spanish, they are likely to be jobs
not requiring contact with the public – kitchen jobs, for example.
This Study & Work programme takes place over 2 phases:
- An Intensive Spanish Language Course in any of several schools throughout Spain, of a minimum duration of 4 weeks
- Work experience in a 3 to 5 star hotel located in
tourist resorts on the Spanish mainland,
Balearic or the Canary Islands
Included in the Programme:
- Job offers, after your Spanish course – subject to personal interviews
- Pick-up and welcome to the programme
- Transport to your accommodation
- Orientation and Guidance Meeting on arrival
- Assistance in obtaining the Numero de Identificación Extranjeros (NIE) and Social Security card you'll need to work in Spain
- Access to the 24 hours HELP line
- Access to the Programme Club, with Club Discount Programme and a peak-season leisure programme
- Accommodation Services: We'll set you up with accommodation (to partipate in the Work programme, you must stay in the accommodations provided by the programme).
There are also shorter, internship possibilities available. Please request our brochure for full information.