GoMadrid, together with Balloon Flights Spain, is now able to offer spectacular Hot Air Balloon Rides in Spain,
allowing you to experience panoramic vistas of some of historic Spanish cities, a bird's eye view of medieval squares and the chance to spot
from the sky some of the great monuments in Toledo, Segovia, Seville, Elche, Vic and Igualada.
This really is a marvellous opportunity to make your visit to Spain a memorable, once in a lifetime occasion, moving with the wind on a relaxing and peaceful journey
with no noise apart from the quiet whisper from the burner and the sounds from the countryside below.
A typical balloon ride is as follows:
- the day begins around 08.00, depending on the season, when you will be advised where to meet the crew
- all the meteorological checks will be carried out to ensure that conditions
are perfect for your flight
- you are briefed on the flight details
- the balloon is then removed from its bag and miraculously transformed to its full majestic size after a cold inflation with a fan, and later with the burners
- when everything is ready, your hot air balloon flight begins and you say “goodbye” to terra firma for an hour or so
while enjoying the exhilarating views
- when a suitable place to land has been spotted, the descent to reality will begin as the balloon glides gently back to the ground
- during the short wait for the retrieve crew the balloon is packed away and a glass of champagne enjoyed by all, including the pilot!
Flights are available from cities near Madrid such as Segovia, Toledo and many other
Spanish cities :-
Segovia is located just a short drive from Madrid and is a mediaeval city, like Toledo, but with a quite different feel to it, like the essence of Old Castile, noble, powerful, and a little austere. It is a World Heritage site, packed to its city walls and beyond with historic buildings. The mountains provide a dramatic backdrop to Segovia's monumental skyline, particularly in winter and spring when covered with snow.
To request your hot-air balloon flight, please fill out the
booking form below with your details and click the button. A copy of the
form will be sent to the email address you specify and you will be contacted
by the local company Balloon Flights Spain to confirm your booking.
The essential panoramic sights of the city include the stunning Cathedral, the Alcazár (Fortress), Synagogues and the Iglesia de Santo Tomé which houses El Greco's greatest masterpiece.